Temperatures are dropping fast, and this morning while I was shivering on the train platform, I thought I’d rather have another kind of shivers… Ghost stories!
I’m not big on Reading Challenges (I miss the deadlines, I don’t stick to lists, I always hear about interesting ones when they finish…), but the RIP challenge hosted by Carl V has always been an inspiration for fall (and winter!) reading. Danielle reminded me of Shirley Jackson (serious suspense here!). Stefanie put me on the trail of M.R. James, a prolific Victorian short story writer in the genre.
Who would like to join me and write a short ghost story together? Inspired by the Literary Blog Relay I read over at Christine Zulka’s, the rules of the game are simple:
- take turns to add a few (chilling) paragraphs to the story
- start with the last sentence of the previous post. Then let your ghost-infused imagination run wild!
- post it on your blog together with the links to the previous blogger
- tag the next blogger in line.
- don’t worry about big literature, it’s just for fun!
Wanna play along? The more the merrier, so drop me a line in the comments!