The short interruption wasn’t really planned, ahem, but family visits took us across France and time and wi-fi weren’t exactly aplenty. On the other hand, we had plenty of food (foie gras, buche and the like), plenty of sweet moments… and plenty of presents of the literary sort as well!
My husband surprised me with books that I know little about and would not have selected myself!
- a biography of Philip Sassoon
- a biography of 6 society ladies in the Roaring twenties and before the Second World War
- a philosophical novel about marriage
- a venture into true crime with a nanny killed in Belgravia (it’s been a long time since I wanted to try something in the true crime genre)
- a murder mystery with a secret mission to Moscow in 1920
- another murder mystery based on the true story of a catholic priest who ran a huge fraud and inspired some theories of the Da Vinci code
- (not in the picture, a book about Hamilton, the musical!)
Now, with the poorly lit picture of the book pile, can you guess (without checking on Goodreads) which is which? Bonus point if you can guess which book I have already started… I hope your bookish wishes were fulfilled during the holidays!