During my vacation, I listened to fewer podcasts, since I no longer had my daily routine and commute with regular alone time. But since I haven’t posted about it in 3 weeks, the list is still long!
The meh – only if you’re bored
- Last Seen, episodes 3 and 4. I was enthusiastic about the beginning of the series, but I found the pace and my interest kind of fizzled out.
- The Shrink Next Door. The first episode made me slightly roll my eyes (a bit like for Dirty John, I have difficulty with stories of people being manipulated into nightmarish, extreme situations), I gave it a second chance but it’s not for me.
- Sorta Awesome episode 202 What you’re missing when you’re not outdoors
The good – tell me if you’ve tried some of those
- Sinica Podcast July Update on Hong Kong events (07/18) – obviously still ongoing
- Reading the End – Lord of the rings Bonus episode: the Appendices
- This American Life #677 Seeing Yourself in the Wild
- This American Life #680 The weight of words
- The Longest Shortest Time #206 when YouTube is your birth coach – wild, but not for the faint-hearted.
- This American Life #679 Save the girl – infuriating, but sadly not unexpected
- Without Fail Podcast: Episode 03/25, the decades-long hunt for the Golden State killer
- I’ll be Gone in the Dark Ep. 1 – I didn’t know this was a book tie-in. Weirdly enough, it is not consistent with what I’d learnt in the Without fail podcast episode.
The awesome – drop everything and add these episodes to your podcast queue!
- Invisibilia The Remote Control Brain (03/29/2019 S5E4) – hard to listen but fascinating
- Believed Episodes 4 to 9 – on Larry Nassar and his victims’ long quest to be heard.
- Invisibilia The Fifth Vital Sign (2019/03/07 – S5E1) – so many thoughts on paying attention to pain (from not enough to too much maybe?), on raising snowflakes kids, etc.
- Invisibilia Post, Shoot (2019/03/14 – S5E2) – on social media self vs. real life self, which one is to be believed?