This week I alternated between rather shallow topics (drugstore beauty products, anyone?) and very deep ones.
- Ten things to tell you by Laura Tremaine #18 10 thoughts on anxiety – I wasn’t really convinced
- Sorta Awesome #197 Awesome birthday parties, #198 The best parenting advice with Karen McVey (I loved her tips on dealing with big kids!), #199 Drugstore Beauty Challenge
- Multilinguish by Babbel The Sexiest Accents – I expected more
- Change Ma Vie by Clotilde Dusoulier #102 The Confirmation Bias; #103 How to change your Beliefs?; #104 the Imposter Syndrome
- Radiolab # Bitflip – this one flew way above my head
- This American Life #676 Here’s Looking at You Kid; a bit uneven episode: I didn’t care much for the depressed football player (yeah, I’m heartless like that), but there’s a jaw-dropping interview of a scientist who did (imo) stalk a person for a paper and published it despite the obvious refusal of consent.
- Sinica by Kaiser Kuo : Howard French On How China’s Past Shapes Its Present Ambitions (May 9 episode)
- ♥ Caliphate #3 The Arrival; #4 Us vs. Them; #5 The Heart; #6 The Paper Trail; #7 Mosul; this New York Times podcast is really breathtaking, even though it’s not for the faint of heart. You have to listen in order.
- Before Breakfast with Laura Vanderkam: Use bits of time for bits of joy (June 7th)