Fellow blogger and friend from These Sandwich Days nominated me for a Liebster blog award! Apparently, it’s an award for small blogs, and it’s such a nice idea! There are so many interesting blogs out there, but with limited time and attention, I sometimes get attracted to the same big blogs affiliated to media groups that are sometimes not as authentic as others.
So, thank you C. for this prize and here are my own nominees! Although I have no clue what the real readership of these blogs is (don’t be vexed if you are indeed not small!), rest assured that I am always happy whenever a new post from these guys turns up in my feed reader.
- A Striped Armchair
- Eve’s Alexandria
- Finding Time to Write
- Fog City Writer
- Hoarded Ordinaries
- Michelle Bailat Jones
- Of Books and Bicycles
- Silver Threads
- The Curious Reader
I got 11 questions to answer:
- What is your favorite cookie? I have to scratch my head. Cookies aren’t French, so if I stop at a bakery I’ll probably have a pastry rather than a cookie. Does “Tarte aux fraises” count? (in term of calories, hell yes!)
- You are home entirely alone, with no obligations to clean the house, catch up on homework or any other such nonsense. For my writer friends, you’ve already written that day. What do you do? I’d probably have a myriad of blogs to visit and a myriad of stuff I could do, but these days, with the heat and my growing belly, I’ll probably lie on the sofa and not do much, read magazines and a book (how unoriginal).
- And what do you eat and drink? In my dreams, I’d have iced sweet milk tea like they do in Vietnam or Hong Kong, but that’s never gonna happen (special ingredients! Brewing time! Cooling time!). I don’t really do snacks under normal circumstances, but now I can’t do without almonds.
- Is your day job also your vocation, or do you dream of doing something else one day? Tricky, as I’m changing careers right now. My (new) day job is not my vocation (neither was my previous one), but it is something totally new and unexpected I want to explore for some years, before moving on to something else. I’ve always fumbled for vocations.
- Describe your dream vacation. Anywhere with plenty to visit and discover: new faces, new places, new food (and new bookshops!). No hurried agenda, no hardcore camping and hiking (I’m a creature of comfort), and preferably no extreme weather. I hasten to add that I’m not a difficult person, despite appearances.
- Do you know who the Kardashians are? I have heard of them and seen a picture (of a pregnant woman) somewhere, but I’d be hard pressed to tell you more. I didn’t know they were plurals. I’m expecting them to fade back into anonymous-land before I have no choice but to catch up on who they are.
- What’s your greatest health-related fear? Lots, but all in the grayish zone of terrible, unnamed illnesses. I fear pain and debilitating conditions, but I take the ostrich treatment.
- What’s the most recent, nice thing somebody has done for you? Mr. Smithereens is a darling these days when it comes to bringing me snacks or water or pillows whenever I’m stranded on the sofa. People are usually nicer than usual to pregnant women, so these days I’m really taking advantage of this privilege!
- How many pillows do you sleep with? For pregnancy reasons, 2 plus the long pregnancy pillow (named “sausage pillow” by our son), but normally only 1 (how boring!).
- Dog person? Cat person? Neither? Both? If both, how do handle shedded fur management? No animals here, sorry!
- To go with a couple of upcoming posts I have planned, what is the best financial advice you ever received? Did you actually follow it? My husband is a big proponent of paying up all debt as fast as possible, while I was rather okay with going on schedule. But now that we’re done, I’ve seen that it was all so worth it!
The questions for my 11 nominees:
- What’s your most recent favorite book?
- Name a writer you would blindly follow and buy any new book of?
- What book would you like to re-read?
- What favorite book would you read to your 5 year-old child (or relative)?
- Have you ever regretted posting something on your blog?
- How do you manage nasty comments on your blog?
- Have you read and enjoyed Tolkien’s books?
- If someone offered you a free air ticket, which destination would you choose?
- What is the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s your favorite post on your own blog?
- What website do you visit for a 1mn break?
When you’re nominated for a Liebster, here’s what you do:
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
Go ahead and have fun with this meme!